Are you interested in the pursuit & capture stages of the business and want to help Aibel expand its pipeline of new business? The Business Development & Tender department is looking for people with drive and skills to fill several exciting positions.
As part of our growth plan Aibel is looking for Cost Estimators to help us meet our strategic and growth ambitions and secure a diverse portfolio of business in both conventional and emerging markets.
Be a valued member of a winning team
As Cost estimator you will liaise with project/tender management, planning, technical disciplines, procurement and subcontracting to collect and analyse data in order to assess the materials, equipment and labor required to execute major, multi-discipline EPC projects.
As part of the Cost estimator role you will:
- Assist in reviewing the commercial requirements put forward by customers as part of the ITT
- Assist in proposing/developing suitable commercial models and making sure conditions are clearly stated
- In collaboration with technical disciplines, construction and procurement, establish estimates based on inputs such as weight, quantities and rates
- Review input in terms of completeness and accuracy
- Carry out risk analysis on the cost base and estimate allowances and contingencies accordingly
- In collaboration with Finance, ensure that overhead costs, taxes, fees and other uplifts are correctly added
- Carry out breakdown and analysis of the cost base
- Perform cost and price benchmarking
- Participate in meetings with customers, stakeholders and internal management
- Technical or commercial education with Bachelor or Master degree
- Commercial and contractual experience
- Preferably experience from cost and/or weight estimation
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and data base solutions
- IT fluency
Who are you
We believe that you have skills, drive and motivation, in addition to these personal characteristics:
- Structured, accurate and able to take ownership of own areas of responsibility
- Strong attention to quality of work, details, and the ability to prioritise and control own workload
- Ability to interact proactively with staff across the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallell and set priorities
- "Can-do" attitude
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Aibel is already an established contractor in the international offshore wind industry.Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Are you ready for new challenges? Send us your CV and motivational letter!
For questions regarding the position, please contact: John Rokstad, VP Major Tenders, mobile 957 56 767 or email email@example.com (In August preferably by SMS or email)
Work Place: Oslo (Asker)
Application deadline:15.08.2022 (applications will be evaluated continiously)