Department Manager Procurement
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
The procurement department in Haugesund is part of the Supply Chain organization and consists of 15 professional procurement managers, buyers and logistic operators. We are responsible for procurement of goods and services to Aibel projects and our employees have a major contribution to ensure value creation and projects deliveries according to agreed cost, time and quality. We work in close collaboration with engineering, project management, cost and other disciplines, as well as our pre-approved, professional suppliers. The position will be a part of the Procurement Management team in the Modifications & Yard resource unit.
We are now looking for a Department Manager Procurement who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
You will function as a operational department manager for the procurement department in Haugesund across projects and have the following main responsibilities:
- Resource management and development; this includes personnell responsibility, recruitment, competence development, training and coaching, motivation and performance evaluation
- Procurement tender work
- Project Procurement tasks including establishment of procurement strategy, budget, cost reporting and forecast, as well as inquiries, commercial evaluation, establish purchase contracts, follow-up, project closing and handling of guarantees and claims
- Improvement work and facilitation of improvement processes
- Change management
- Relevant Master or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience from resource management and procurement management
- Strong management skills and ability to develop high quality relationships internally and externally
- High competence on the professional procurement process
- Great people and communication skills
- Ability to motivate, build trust, to both give and receive feedback
- Maintain and develop high performance teams
- Strategic and analytical capabilities with focus on results
- High commercial awareness
- Good communications skills in English and Norwegian, both orally and in writing
- Comply with our values and our vision
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us. We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Margrethe Gravdal, Section Manager Procurement M&Y, firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile 922 53 893.
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 20.05.2021