With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
Are you passionate about all things DevOps, and love the technical aspects of it? Do you have ideas on how to organize and optimize DevOps-based agile development? Do you take pride in delivering business value to stakeholders? Maybe you are looking for a more leading technical role, where you can point the way towards a DevOps future?
Then look no further! Become our DevOps Engineer and help us navigate Aibel's exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Aibel is strengthening the IT organisation by establishing a DevOps Team with responsibility for developing applications and services to enable and support Aibel’s ongoing digitalization journey, as well as migrating our in-house developed applications to the cloud. We are missing a DevOps Engineer who will also take on the role as a technical lead and help us take full advantage of the DevOps potential.
You will play a key role in specifying and implementing our DevOps approach, as well as ensuring that our developers and application development projects are aligned. You will work closely with our IT service provider, ensuring that our cloud platform is optimally setup for our needs, and you will communicate with business stakeholders in the company, ensuring that we serve our business requirements. In this role, you will help influence and set direction for our future!
Lacking knowledge or experience, you say? Well, if you have the passion, then we will provide you with access to training courses and to the best advisers in the market, for you to be able to deliver. You will be part of a team of experienced and knowledgeable IT professionals, supporting each other.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of Aibel’s major transition towards a sustainable future! The DevOps Team will be the engine of innovation where change is a part of the culture and way of working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Draw up a vision, anchor a strategy, and deliver on a roadmap for DevOps in Aibel
- Work closely with our application developers to achieve efficient and flexible DevOps-based delivery of solutions to Aibel's business processes
- Advise the DevOps Team in accordance with strategy and business demands while actively monitoring relevant technological trends
- Facilitate migration of in-house applications to the cloud
- Participate in discussions on IT architecture, drive our development platform, including governance and standards
- Collaborate and communicate with business stakeholders to ensure a company-wide buy-in to new cloud services
- Ensure that product testing is carried out within established procedures
- Contribute to improved competence, transfer of experience, best practices, and focus on continuous improvements
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology or similar. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal qualifications
- Have a tight grip on DevOps/DevSecOps and related concepts: Automation, continuous integration/testing/delivery, CI/CD pipelines, Git Events, container technology, container repositories, release management, security. (If you are not a guru yet, we will help you become one!)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Github, Grafana, WSL or similar technologies
- Knowledgeable in agile development methods
- Application developer skills and proficiency in .NET, Java, Python or a similar framework
- Basic database skills are desirable, but not a requirement
- We prefer that you have worked as an IT professional for three years or more. However, if you have the right passion and attitude, we would like to hear from you!
- Practical DevOps experience is a must, and we prefer that you have experience with software development in general
- Analytical and technical skills, with the ability to deliver high-quality results, both independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills in both Norwegian and English - verbally, presentations, and written work
- Curious and willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Comply with our values and our vision
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Leif Andre Brekke, tlf 996 47 217
Work Place: Bergen, Asker or Haugesund
Application deadline: 30.09.2022