Electrical System design Engineer
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for design and simulation engineers to strengthen our Concept and Studies (C&S) group in Oslo, Bergen, Haugesund, and Stavanger. As a design and simulation engineer, you will manage early phase electrical system designs of High- and Low- voltage systems.
About the position
In this position, you will be expected to outline all relevant options for power transmission solutions in client- and internal development projects for large grid- and industry scale systems, and narrow these down to a few feasible solutions. Your role will be to support the overall mission of C&S by developing the optimal solution for the electrical system design. C&S – together - produce the optimal solution with a multidiscipline and project execution mindset, and the system designer is expected to manage multiple architectures for each project to establish the holistic design necessary to succeed in project development.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Conceptual design of electrical power systems
- Sizing of main components of an electrical power system
- Establishing control and protection philosophies for electrical power system
- Clear communication of boundaries and limitations of electrical system designs
- Electrical system analysis to document feasibility and/or risks and margins
- Streamline the design process by scripting
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical analysis software and tools and supporting others in building knowledge and ensure quality of work across the discipline
- Higher technical education
- Experienced within electrical system design, simulations, and use of industry standard tools
- Experienced within industry- and transmission designs
- Experience with international industry standards
- Competent and interested in conceptual work and development with the associated documentation
- Open in communication
- Proactive and curious to achieve the project and group goals
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables suitable for different maturity levels
- Multidisciplinary understanding
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Senior Concepts & Studies Manager Andreas Stavnes Hallan, tel.: 45034009, email: email@example.com
Work Place: Oslo, Stavanger, Haugesund, Bergen
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position