Engineer - EITA Layout
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Senior Engineers who can strengthen our Electrical and EITA Area department in Oslo. You will contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects and hydrogen facilities.
About the position
Aibel's EITA Area Engineers design and specify layout solutions for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Design in 3D model using AVEVA E3D
- DRE (discipline responsible engineer) has coordination and area responsibility for EITA disciplines
- Modelling of cable ladders, offline instruments, lighting fixtures, socket, push buttons, junction boxes, cabinets, F&G detectors, telecom field equipment and EITA central and local equipment room etc.
- Attend 3D discipline review meetings and resolve clashes in 3D model
- E3D Draft production of EITA Drawings
- Preparation of EITA bulk MTO’s (Material Take Off)
- Interface internal, client, other disciplines and fabrication Yard
- Participation in development of solutions for digitalization of engineering data and engineering documentation
- Bachelor degree or Technical College combined with minimum 4 years’ relevant background
- Extensive knowledge of EITA layout design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL and IEC
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with 3D tool AVEVA E3D
- Excellent communication skills in English - both spoken and written
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- A natural team player but possess the ability to work independently
- Systematic and accurate, with high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
- Ability to understand and implement requirements stated in new standards
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager, Tim Robert Skaflestad, 996 48 544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 08.01.2024