Senior engineer - Marine operation
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for a Senior Marine Operation Engineer to strengthen our Concepts and Studies in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Haugesund. As a Senior Marine Operations Engineer, you will have the responsibility for the marine operations in the study teams and to define and describe the marine operation solutions required. You will work in close collaboration and communicate this within the team and to other stakeholders, both internally and external.
About the position
This is a discipline role which requires both technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset, supported by understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. The work may be within any of the Aibel business units, including offshore wind, onshore and offshore oil and gas, hydrogen, aquaculture, and potentially new business areas. Knowing Aibel’s business is not essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Marine Operations include yard operations, load-out/load-in, transportation, lifting and installation operations.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Be the key resource within Marine Operations within Concepts and Studies and supporting projects
- Be responsible for marine operations design and descriptions in Concepts and Studies and projects
- Be responsible for execution methods and nomination of required equipment and vessels
- Participate in studies and concept developments, methods and potentially tenders
- Perform engineering, project preparation and execution support
- Keep updated on rules and regulations
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree within Marine Engineering, Naval Architect, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in marine operation engineering or other relevant marine operation experience
- Good English skills, oral and in writing
- Have a keen interest in solving engineering challenges and developing new design solution
- Can work independently and lead discipline work
- Enjoy collaborating in expert groups
- Value participation in creative processes
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our strategy is to strengthen and grow the company’s strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Pepijn Cuppen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 09.06.2023, we process applications continuouslyApply for the position