Engineer Mechanical Package - Offshore Wind
Due to a growing market within renewable energy / offshore wind, Aibel see the need to further strengthen and increase manpower in the offshore wind department in Haugesund. This department is part of the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind and counts today 55 engineers in Haugesund. We need to increase the staff in several disciplines due to many ongoing and future projects within high voltage substations (HVDC or HVAC), offshore wind parks and electrification projects.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced engineer within mechanical who can contribute in Aibel’s exciting future within renewable energy / offshore wind.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Technical responsible (Package Responsible Engineer) for procurement of mechanical equipment packages in offshore wind, green hydrogen production and O&G projects
- Mechanical equipment study work, design, selection and assessments
- Prepare and issue equipment specifications and datasheets for procurement
- Perform technical evaluation of supplier quotations
- Technical liaison with suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines
- Perform inspections and witness testing at supplier’s workshop
- Follow-up equipment installation, and testing on yard/offshore
- Evaluate and respond to technical queries
- Review and approval of supplier documentation
- Collect and prepare input to reliability centered maintenance (RCM) analyses and design improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes and standards for supplier’s scope of work
- Ensure timely delivery of equipment and documentation
- Master or bachelor degree in mechanical, material, industrial economy or similar. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Min 3 year’s relevant work experience as mechanical package responsible engineer
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Good multidiscipline understanding
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
- Knowledge of Norwegian language can ba an advantage
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Line Manager Kristian Olafsrud, +47 47337557, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 15.03.2023