Engineer Technical Safety - Offshore Wind
Due to a growing market within renewable energy / offshore wind, Aibel see the need to further strengthen and increase manpower in the offshore wind department in Haugesund. This department is part of the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind and counts today 55 engineers in Haugesund. We need to increase the staff in several disciplines due to many ongoing and future projects within high voltage substations (HVDC or HVAC), offshore wind parks and electrification projects.
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced technical safety engineer who can contribute in Aibel’s exciting future within renewable energy / offshore wind
Your responsibilities will be:
- Discipline lead and/or discipline engineer in large projects.
- Participate in tender work and studies.
- Establish safety strategies and philosophies.
- Design of safety barriers, for example firefighting systems, Fire & gas detection, passive fire protection and SIL.
- Cooperation and coordination with other disciplines.
- Coordinate and follow-up third party safety analysis.
- Technical requisitions and follow-up of procurement of safety equipment.
- Interface and follow-up with project partners, subcontractors, vendors, certifying authorities and government bodies.
- Master Degree or bachelor degree
- Project experience from technical safety work from all design phases
- Min 3 year work experience within technical safety
- Experience as discipline lead is an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience from renewable energy and HVDC/HVAC projects is an advantage but not a requirement
- International project experience is an advantage but not a requirement
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Good multidiscipline understanding
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Good communications skills in Norwegian (preferable) and English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand new rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Norwegian language can ba an advantage
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Line manager Kristian Olafsrud, +47 47337557, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Haugesund
Application deadline: 15.03.2023