Engineers – Floater Design and Simultations
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Design and Simulations Engineers to strengthen our Concepts and Studies in Asker, Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen. As a Design and Simulations Engineers you will design and Simulation of Floaters and follow up in Floater studies, tenders and execution projects including construction
About the position
In this position you will participate in design and simulation of Floaters, and follow up in Floater studies, tenders and execution projects including construction.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Conceptual Design of Floating Structures
- Be a doer within Structural and Marine design and analyses
- Perform all types of structural FE analyses
- Perform hydrodynamic design and analyses for Global Performance and loading on structures
- Perform stability design and simulations
- Perform mooring design and simulations
- Include Cable or riser system in the simulation models.
- Higher technical education (MSc)
- Job leader experience and competence
- Experienced with Floater Simulation and Design, Construction and project Execution
- Preferably experience within one or more of Oil and Gas, Offshore Wind, fish farming, other renewable energies.
- Competence and interest in conceptual work and development with the associated document development
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Capability of untraditional conceptual thinking and challenging established truth
- Proactive and informative
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables in the form of decisions, recommendations and necessary documentation to close tasks.
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our strategy is to strengthen and grow the company’s strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Vice president C&S Jan Wigaard email@example.com
Work Place: Asker
Application deadline: 09.06.2023, we process applications continuously