EPC Automation Developer - Structural/Mechanical
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are looking for a Software Developers who will improve integration between 3D CAD systems. Aibel is on a digitalization journey and aims to achieve a high degree of automation by integrating 3D CAD systems with business processes. The outcome is a digital factory where rule-based components drive the 3D model from design to fabrication. Your goal will be to build systems for managing components and catalogues.
As a EPC Automation Developer your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Developing a single-source catalogue protocol for design rule driven components
- Interpret user stories from multiple stakeholders and transform them into specifications
- Produce clean and efficient code, based on specifications
- Administrate catalogue for CAD system setup and maintenance
- Integrate with semantic web repository
- Integrate with third party software
- Troubleshoot and support software systems
We believe you have the following work experience:
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with programming
- Developer in C# or similar object-oriented languages
- Preferably PML or PML2 experience, or ability to learn
- Preferably experience working with E3D and Tekla or similar 3D CAD or BIM systems
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has an analytical and proactive approach, who is curious to find places to improve systems and processes
- Holds a master's degree in software development. Relevant experience or a bachelor's degree in relevant studies may be considered.
- Is engaged and thorough, and can work independently as well as in teams
- Possesses multidisciplinary understanding
- Has a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Has a cooperative working attitude, who seeks advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicates well in English - both orally and in writing. A general knowledge in Norwegian is beneficial
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Department Manager Structural Design, Ole Kristian Halvorsen, +4799716955
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 27.11.2022