Floater Design and simulation Engineer
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for design and simulation engineers to strengthen our concept and studies in Oslo. As a design and simulation engineer, you will design and simulate floaters and will follow up different phases including studies, tenders, executions, and construction.
About the position
In this position, you will participate in the design and simulation of Floaters, and follow up in Floater studies, tenders, and execution projects including construction.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Conceptual design and hull sizing of the floating structures
- Be a doer within Structural and Marine design and analysis
- Perform all types of structural FE analysis
- Perform hydrodynamic design and analysis for Global performance and loading on structures
- Perform stability design and simulations
- Perform coupled analysis of cable or riser systems
- Ability to automate and streamline the design process by scripting
- Proficiency in using industry-standard hydrodynamic analysis software and tools
- Higher technical education (MSc, PhD), Naval Architect is prioritized
- Experienced with floater design, simulation, construction, and execution
- Preferably experience with floating wind, oil and gas, Fishfarm, and other renewable energies
- Competence and interest in conceptual work and development with the associated documentation
- Multidisciplinary understanding
- The capability of untraditional conceptual thinking and challenging established truth
- Proactive and informative
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables in terms of decisions, and recommendations
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Concepts and Studies Manager Mahmoud Etemaddar, tel. 94459860, email: email@example.com
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position