Graduate purchaser - Supply Chain
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle.
The Supply Chain organization in Bergen consists of 20 highly professional procurement managers, buyers and logistic operators, and is responsible for procurement of goods and services to Aibel projects. Supply Chain contributes to cost savings and has a major contribution to ensure value creation and projects deliveries according to agreed cost, time and quality. Supply Chain works in close collaboration with engineering, project management, cost and other disciplines, as well as our pre-approved, professional suppliers.
To strengthen our Supply Chain organisation, we are looking for a commercial purchaser who has the ability to balance several tasks at the same time and thrive in a hectic working environment. Your team has great confidence in you, and know that you are constantly keeping them updated and reporting on status, progress and risks.
Responsibility and tasks:
- Preparation of package strategies and inquiry documentation in close collaboration with engineering
- Commercial evaluation of bids
- Perform bid clarification meetings and kick-off meetings with suppliers
- Issue of purchase orders and contracts
- Follow-up deliveries and procurement milestone plans
- Ensure cost savings
- Professional handling of changes
- Timely handling of invoices
- Closing of procurement packages
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (completed between 2018 - 2021)
- Relevant subjects are: Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics and similar
- No more than 2-3 years of relevant fulltime work experience
At Supply Chain, the following qualifications are highly valued:
- Commercial aware, professional and independent team-player
- Good oral and written communication skills, Norwegian and English
- Flexible and positive with good collaboration skills
- Proactive and used to working in a fast-paced working environment, capable of being a driving force in getting things done
- Structured, efficient and willing to change
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us. We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and information:
We accept online applications in either Norwegian or in English. Please attach a CV/resume and a motivational cover letter, together with copies of diplomas and relevant certificates. If you are still under education please attach a temporary transcript. We expect candidates to provide all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Start date: After agreement medio June 2021 (Candidates must be able to work in the summer during organising of annual leave)
Work Place: Bergen
Application deadline: 31.03.2021