Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Human Factor Engineering (HFE) Specialist/Coordinator shall be responsible for the provision of HFE Design throughout the project lifecycle, in line with Statutory/Company and Client requirements, for greenfield and brownfield projects in the Upstream Oil and Gas Sector.
The successful candidate shall:
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Safety Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head – System Engineering at the basis level.
- Act as the single point of contact for the HFE matters and support the project team during Tenders or Conceptual, FEED or Detailed Engineering phases.
- Understand and implement Company work processes, procedures and policies as appropriate and, where necessary, adapt Company work processes and procedures to meet project or Client specific requirements.
- Be conversant with Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for the Management of Change within the scope of work on assigned projects.
- Be responsible for successful integration of HFE in design of any engineering project in ensuring that targets for asset lifecycle safety, usability, and reliability can be achieved.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters related to specifications, package bid enquiries, technical bid evaluations for the procurement of equipment / packages.
- Develop project HFE specifications, Integration Plan, guidelines, matrix and checklists.
- Provide HFE-in-design awareness training for project personnel.
- Organize and facilitate HFE workshops/model review, Valve Criticality Analysis (VCA), Instrument Criticality Analysis (ICA) and the like.
- Participate in interdisciplinary document, drawing, design, and 3D Model reviews and provide constructive feedback from a HFE perspective.
- Assist with follow up and closeout of HFE action items and maintenance of the HFE action list database as required.
- Provide ad-hoc HFE technical advice on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her discipline are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide project technical support with respect to verification activities by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Supporting the Discipline Head, responsible for the proper division of work and responsibility and for mentoring, training, and developing direct reports and provide inputs to their performance appraisal.
- Continuously seeking to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Safety Engineering Discipline development and experience transfer.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Must have extensive experience (min. 15 years) with Oil & Gas projects (fixed installations and FPSOs).
- Must have experience working as a HFE coordinator/specialist/advisor for a minimum of three projects.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas industry in a similar capacity and with demonstrable understanding of project phases, deliverables and internal and external interfaces.
- Shall preferably have had exposure to the OGP-454, Norsok S-002.
- Shall be skilled with commonly used business software applications such MS Office/Excel.
- Applicant shall have, as a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Safety Engineering or equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Applicant must have excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Applicant shall possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.