Instrument Engineer ll
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead/ Senior Instrumentation Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head - Instrumentation Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries
- Responsible for work assigned by the Lead / Senior Engineers through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work. Specific duties could include:
- Prepare requisitions, specifications and datasheets as assigned.
- Evaluate vendor offers and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation Report for assigned packages.
- Populate Instrument database such as SPI/Aveva Instrumentation.
- Prepare and Issue documents such as Instrument Index, Hazardous Are registers etc
- Provide inputs to designers to develop design/drafting deliverables such as cable block diagrams, wiring diagrams, Layouts and review these deliverables
- Assist in preparation of control system deliverables such as I/O lists, Control narratives, Cause and Effect Matrix etc.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Instrumentation Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters
- Be responsible for and manage the Instrumentation Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Instrumentation Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in instrumentation engineering activities such as preparation of data sheets, specifications, Technical Bid Evaluation reports etc in a reputed engineering consultancy.
- Working Experience in preparation of at least five of the following deliverables-
- Instrument data sheets
- Instrument specifications
- Technical bid evaluation of vendor offers
- Instrument Index
- IO list preparation
- Wiring diagrams
- Loop Diagrams
- Instrument MTO
- Cause and effect matrix
- Control narratives
- Experience in engineering of Oil and Gas offshore projects would be an advantage.
- Experience in SPI/Aveva Instrumentation would be an advantage.
- Applicants with less than 5 years of relevant Instrumentation Engineering experience may be considered for junior positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation/Electrical/Chemical Engineering with relevant work experience as per above.
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation),IEC, NORSOK, EU Directives ATEx, IECex requirements and other relevant standards related to Instrumentation Engineering.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicant shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Word, MS excel, Teams etc
- A high level of energy and ability to work under pressure and complexity
- Genuine interest and appreciation of people
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notify."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 8 July 2022
Apply for the position