Jacket engineering and fabrication specialist
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Jacket specialist to join our experienced team, who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Be a key resource within jacket design in Field Development & Offshore Wind and Concepts & Studies
- Responsible for jacket construction method development in Concept and EPCI contracts
- Responsible for knowledge of Rules and Regulation
- Responsible for technical content and interface to legal in subcontracts
- Contract negotiations with jacket subcontractors
- Participate in tenders
- Responsible for jacket design and construction follow-up in Tender, Studies and EPCI contracts
- Bachelor or Master Degree – Structural engineering, Marine engineering or similar
- Experience within jacket design and analyses
- 15-20 years’ experience
- Experience as engineering lead
- Knowledge within Jacket fabrication methods
- Experience with contract negotiation and management
- Knowledge of jacket support design, including pile and soil premises.
- Knowledge of methods and technologies for Marine operations
- Experience within interface management for T&I
- Good knowledge of rules and regulations for jacket design
- Experienced, proactive and informative
- Competence and interest in conceptual work and development including the associated document development
- Be a team player and be able to work independently and take lead
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Good English skills, both oral and in writing
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables in the form of decisions, recommendations and necessary documentation to close tasks
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Identifying him-/herself with Aibel's company values; open, flexible, responsible and visionary
- Living in, and has an established life in Norway
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Wenche Valen, Section Manager Structure, Marine Engineering & Architect
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 23.05.2021