Layout Engineer for Hydrogen Group
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for layout engineers to strengthen our Hydrogen team within Concept and Studies in Oslo. As a layout engineer, you will work in a multi discipline team to develop, select, and follow up the technical layout solutions in our designs. The work will be within all project phases, including concept development studies at different levels, support to tenders, and detailed project execution (EPC).
About the position
This is a role which requires both broad technical understanding and a multidiscipline mindset, supported by understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. The work will be primarily within the Hydrogen Group but may also be within any of the other Aibel business units. This includes offshore wind, onshore and offshore oil and gas, aquaculture, and potentially other new business areas. Knowing Aibel’s business is not required, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities and expectations with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Be a key resource within layout design and solutions in the Hydrogen Team within the Concepts and Studies department
- Be responsible for overall layout design development and corresponding review and verification activities
- Participate in development of methods, concepts and studies and provide support to tenders
- Be updated on relevant Rules and Regulations
- Establish and maintain interaction with all relevant disciplines and organisational units
- Layout responsible during project execution (EPC)
- Technical education mechanical engineering (BSc, MSc) or other relevant background
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience and competence
- Experienced with overall multidiscipline design within e.g. piping, mechanical, structural, electrical and HVAC
- Multidiscipline system and area understanding for development of plant layouts and solutions optimised wrt. construction, installation, operation and maintenance
- Preferably experienced with E3D modelling
- Preferably experience within oil and gas, offshore wind or other renewable energy sectors
- Knowledge of regulations and rules for layout design
- Have a keen interest in solving engineering tasks, challenging established solutions, and developing new designs
- Can work independently and lead discipline and interdisciplinary work
- Enjoy collaborating in groups with multidisciplinary understanding
- Value participation in creative processes
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
John Bergman, tel. 92158099, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position