Lead Engineer - Bulk Packages
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer for Bulk Packages to strengthen our EfP Bulk & Materials department in Asker. As a Lead Engineer, you will contribute to Aibel's exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
About the position
In this position, you will be given a chance to use your motivational and mentoring skills when leading younger team members. A Senior Engineer has various tasks and assignments but you should identify as a natural leader with a cooperative and respectful working attitude.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Perform and lead package engineering work in offshore wind, green hydrogen production and oil & gas projects
- Bulk design, valve selection and assessments
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes and standards for supplier’s scope of work
- Perform internal and external verification activities
- Ensure timely delivery of bulk materials/valves and documentation
- Provide direction and guidance to subordinates, motivate, and foster positive relationships among team members
- Ensure that personnel within own team have a good understanding of the contractual requirements, goals and risks
- Develop colleagues and support resource owners with feedback on employees
- MSc in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience
- Multi-disciplinary understanding
- Good communication skills in English - both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Jørn Riise, Section Manager +47 986 35 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Asker
Application deadline: 30.09.2023