Lead Engineer - Electrical Power System
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
The electrification of the oil and gas industry, power from shore and renewable energy are new strategic areas for Aibel. To support this strategy, we aim to strengthen Aibel's expertise in electrical power system and design.
Due to an increased and more complex project portfolio within electrical power systems, we are now looking for a Lead Engineer. The Lead Engineer position will be a part of the Modifications and Yard services multidiscipline Engineering team, and will report directly to the VP Engineering.
Are you ready to join a successful company transforming their business into the green shift, renewable market and work on some of the most exciting EPC projects within oil, gas and offshore wind?
The purpose of this position is to drive the concepts, studies and engineering of the technical solution in support of our daily projects/business. Further, key tasks/responsibility will be:
- Develop the competence, processes, tools, tender work and method of performing the work in the discipline
- Maintain a strong discipline network and work with the resource unit to ensure the correct competence requirements and recruitment strategies/plans
- Participate in Aibel engineering strategy process
- Continuous improvements in our engineering processes, tools and methods
- Communication with client, suppliers, authorities and other stakeholders
You have a strategic view combined with a detailed orientation and are capable of handling pressure and tough deadlines. You enjoy working with teams, are proactive and have a positive mindset for problem solving, are good at defining priorities and making decisions.
- Masters, bachelor’s or university college degree within relevant area
- Fluent in Norwegian or English, both written and oral
- Competence and experience within high voltage and Power management systems
You have experience within some of the following topics:
- Power system design
- Power Management System design
- Electrical system analyses and calculations
- Regulations and normative references
- Electrical protection design
- Generator stations
- HVAC/HVDC transmission systems
- Electrical technology for wind and renewables
- Electrical HV motors and generators
- Electrical HV equipment
- Electrical Variable Speed Drives
- Power converters and inverters
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
For questions regarding the position, please contact: VP Engineering, John Inge Førland, mob 997 02 074 eller mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Bergen, Stavanger or Haugesund
Application deadline: 03.11.2020