Lead Instrument Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Lead, Supervise and guide team of designers in establishing the discipline deliverable list & procedures, interface definition and co-ordination
- Production, modification and review of documents and drawings as per discipline deliverable list
- To carry out /supervise/ involve in 3D and/ or 2D design and model reviews, hookups, wiring drawings, installation drawing, MTO generation
- Identifying external interfaces and supplying timely information
- Define resources needed to perform the work
- Ensure that the work is carried out to the specified QHSE requirements
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behavior at all times. Unethical behavior shall not be tolerated
- Strive to continually upgrade competence level of self
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Refer to generic discipline deliverable list for details of discipline deliverables
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 16 years’ experience in Instrumentation design engineering for offshore platforms or FPSO’s.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Lead Instrument Designer roles in offshore oil & gas projects
- Must have prior work experience with medium/ large sized green field projects in the offshore oil & gas industry and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
- Relevant Experience in PDMS/E3D Instrument equipment & cable tray modelling.
- Working experience in Manual and Automatic Cable Routing in PDMS/E3D.
- Experienced in preparation of Hook up drawings, layout drawings etc. using microstation.
- Good Experience in Preparation of cable block diagrams, wiring drawings, loop drawings in AVEVA Instrumentation
- Well experienced in Generation of Cable & Cable Gland MTO’s
- Experience in supporting site construction teams by resolving site queries/issued
- Diploma/Degree holder in Engineering
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of standard 2D drafting tool Microstation/Autocad.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D drafting tool PDMS/E3D.
- Thorough knowledge of Instrumentation software Aveva Instrumentation.
- Exposure to /Involvement in Yard Fabrication activities.
- Highly conversant with oil & gas industry standards such as API, IEC etc.
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Prepared to work overseas in fabrication yard to support the construction team as part of follow on engineering team.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 4 Dec 2020
Apply for the position