Lead Instrumentation Engineer (Automation)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to and provide support to Instrument team lead on assigned projects and report to the Section Manager at the basis level.
- Typically have the role of package response engineer (PRE) for automation package in the project
- Be responsible for
- Review of specification, selection (technical evaluation) and purchase of Automation system package
- Technical integrity, quality and progress of automation system deliverables including but not limited to IO lists, control & safeguarding philosophies, cause and effect matrix, narratives, SCD’s, cable block diagrams, wiring &loop diagrams
- In accordance with pertinent specifications, statutory and other contractual requirements, with due regard to safety, operability, maintainability, and constructability aspects.
- Managing the automation package vendor, monitor package progress and ensure delivery of the package within the schedule, within budget and agreed quality.
- Interface with the Project Management team, automation package vendor and Client
- Progress reporting for the automation system deliverables and manpower forecasts.
- Co-ordinate with other organisational units including fabrication, MC, commissioning, and operation
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to instrument engineers and designers working in the group.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Instrumentation design engineering including a minimum of 5 years of offshore engineering experience
- Must have prior work experience in reputed Engineering consultancy / EPC company in medium/ large sized projects.
- Must possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces associated with offshore projects.
- Must have experience in the role of package responsible engineer (PRE) for Automation package handling complete package life cycle from specifications, RFQ, Technical bid evaluation, Purchase requisition, vendor management, vendor drawing review/approval.
- Must have experience in the preparation & review of following automation engineering deliverables for topsides offshore oil & gas industry:
- Control, Shutdown, F&G System Specifications
- Shutdown Hierarchy Diagrams
- Control & safeguarding philosophies
- Process Cause & Effect Matrix
- Fire and Gas Cause & Effect Matrix
- Control Narratives
- Experience in preparation of System Control Diagrams (SCD’s)
- Experience in defining, reviewing the automation package interfaces with other third-party system suppliers of compressors systems, Turbine generators and marine/telecommunication/subsea systems.
- Experience in participation of following workshops in medium/large sized projects
- SIL Classification Workshop
- Alarm Rationalization Workshop
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation Engineering.
- Electrical or Chemical Engineers with relevant work experience may also apply.
- ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity certifications would be an advantage.
- IEC 61508 CFSE/CFSP certification would be an advantage.
- A self-starter who can work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems, and provide focused solutions.
- Must have good technical knowledge of field instrumentations, fire and gas detectors and the type of interfaces they have to the automation systems.
- Good understanding and knowledge in API, ISO & IEC standards as applicable in offshore oil & gas industry, Classification society requirements and EU directives.
- Effective technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities, and verification bodies
- Strong planning skills
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 26 October 2021
Apply for the position