Lead Material Enginer (1 year Contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
The Lead Material Engineer shall provide the relevant technical expertise in the areas of metallic/ non-metallic Material Selection for equipment and piping, Thermal Insulation, Erosion modelling and sand management, Corrosion evaluations, definition of the corrosion management strategy using Cathodic Protection/ Industrial Coating / Chemical Treatment and the use of CRAs, etc.
The successful candidate shall;
- Report to, and provide support to the Project Engineering manager on assigned projects and report to the System Engineering Head at the basis level.
- Act as the single point of contact for the Material Discipline within the project and support the project team during bids or concept, FEED or Detailed Engineering phases of the project
- Be responsible for the cost effective selection of materials and corrosion management framework to ensure integrity of materials applied in company projects through project lifecycle phases in compliance with relevant client requirements.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline work performed under his/ her supervision and for compliance to project HSE requirements relevant to his/ her team’s scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on metallurgy related technical matters during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package and provision of engineering services for the purchase of equipment / materials on projects.
- Be responsible for all Material Engineering design activities and deliverables through project lifecycle phases and be responsible to ensure that the design complies with the specific performance, integrity and quality requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for and manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and monitor the compliance to Client’s basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Material Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Material Engineering scope of work on projects and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
- Identify and manage resource requirements and supervise the distribution of tasks and Lead, guide and mentor the material engineering team on the project and address the unique challenges of the project by providing technical solutions to the team and improve the performance of the Material Engineering team.
- Be responsible to manage the progress of Material Engineering scope and internal and supplier deliverables as per the schedule of the project.
- Be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Material Discipline on assigned projects
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods and procedures and contribute actively to discipline development activities
Work experience requirements:
- Applicant must have a minimum of 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Fixed and Floating Installation projects) serving in the capacity of a material engineer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 6 years in the capacity of a lead material engineer.
- Applicant must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and greenfield projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Applicant shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge in material selection (metallic and non-metallic materials), corrosion/ erosion principles, metallurgy and welding, corrosion/ erosion protection & management, cathodic protection and coating systems based on life cycle analysis and cost-effectiveness with a proven track record on projects in the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Applicant shall possess demonstrable design experience with development/ update and/ or review of typical Materials Selection deliverables such as philosophies, specifications, procedures, study reports etc.
- Applicant must possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) and other relevant standards related to material, erosion/ corrosion, examination, welding processes, testing/inspections, thermal insulation etc.
- Applicant shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be experienced in the use of the latest versions of Material selection tools such as Socrates, Predict and NORSOK M506 or similar.
- Applicant must have, as a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Material and/ or Corrosion Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Applicant must have excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Applicant shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 30.11.2020