Lead Piping Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: Lead Piping Designer shall have hands on experience to lead the team on Piping & Layout design activities, which shall include but not limited to – Equipment and Piping layout design development for conceptual layout, FEED and detail engineering and associated activities such as pipe support detailing, requirements of material handling , access and egress, vendor drawing reviews, inter-discipline and external interfaces ,PDMS model review sessions and issue of layout and drawing deliverables.
The successful candidate shall
- Perform 3D-modeling using PDMS for Mechanical, Safety, Soft Volumes, Escape & Transport Routes, Access & Material Handling Routes, Equipment modelling, Package modelling with required TP points, Piping and Pipe supports.
- Familiar with FPSO layout design which includes Turret, Hull and Marine Piping/ Pipe support design*Conduct 3D Model Reviews both internally and externally as per the Project requirements
- Effective manage of the Design changes and provides appropriate solutions as and when needed during the Project execution.
- MTO preparation and checking for the Piping Bulk items and Tagged Items
- Manage the interface with Process engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety Engineer and Project Engineer for the assigned Module/Area
- Vendor drawing review for the static Equipment’s/ Rotating Equipment’s/ Packages and ensure all the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Assist Lead Engineer for the Quality plan for Layout/ Piping Design, preparing plan & schedule, estimate, progress measurement, contribute for the technical presentations and write ups
- Perform and Checks the Model object clashes on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for effective cleaning of the 3D Model to make it clash free before the construction
- Perform Design Review on regular basis by using PDMS / 3D model software such as Navisworks for establishing the suitability of Layout / Piping design in accordance with standards and codes.
- 2D Drawing preparation and checking for Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings by using ACAD/Micro station.
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with stress engineers , Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Lead Designer. FPSO experience in Pre-FEED/ Conceptual and FEED preferred.
- Must have accrued experience having worked for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors
- Must have hands on experience with International Codes and Standards such as ANSI/ASME/API and Norsok as applicable to the layout design
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Shall demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Must hands on experience in understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design.
- Must have, as a minimum a Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or ITE in Mechanical Engineering or ITI/NTC in Mechanical drafting
- Must have excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Shall possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Autocad and MS Office
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.