The Piping Material Lead Engineer shall provide the relevant technical expertise in Piping Material Engineering, which shall include but not limited to – Preparation of Technical Specifications, Piping Material Classes, Valve and Special item data sheets; Material Take off, Procurement support, supplier interfaces and Site support on material compatibility, testing and commissioning requirements during construction phase on Oil and Gas projects.
- Report to, and provide support to the Piping Lead Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Department Head at the basis level.
- Act as a single point of contact on matters related to Piping Material Engineering in all phases of the project.
- Be responsible for the cost effective solutions on specification and selection of piping components to company projects in compliance with relevant client requirements.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity for compliance to project HSE requirements relevant to the scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on various Piping material related specifications and associated technical matters.
- Be responsible for all Piping material related engineering activities and deliverables to ensure that the design complies with the specification, integrity and quality requirements of the project.
- Be responsible to incorporate the specific technical requirements in the Piping material design, such as, compatibility between the dissimilar material connections and temperature requirements
- Be responsible in finalization piping systems requirements such as, PED and testing requirements of NDT, hydro and pneumatic in line with the project requirements.
- Be responsible to procurement support for the Piping components, the activities vary from finalization of quantities, evaluation of technical offers from the suppliers and ensuring the timely delivery with full project compliance.
- Be responsible for and manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance to Standards & Project Specifications
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Liaison with quality/inspection responsible and ensure implementation of agreed inspection and testing plans and participate in resolution of quality issues.
- Represent Piping Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to piping materials and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
- Identify and manage resource requirements and supervise the distribution of tasks and Lead, guide and mentor the team on the project by providing technical solutions.
- Candidate’s experience in 15K piping especially for valves and pipefittings with respect to code requirements, manufacturing process, testing and WPS/PQR shall be considered as one of the selection criteria
- Minimum 20 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Material Lead Engineer.
- Accrued experience having worked for projects in the NCS and UKCS sectors
- Possess excellent knowledge of and must have accrued hands on experience with International Codes and Standards.
- Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping material engineering/procurement and cost-effectiveness, with a proven track record on projects in the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Possess demonstrable design experience with development/ update and/ or review of typical Piping Engineering deliverables, such as, specifications, data sheets and MTO.
- Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines.
- Advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and specific software to calculate/validate pipe thickness, Branch reinforcement etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Material Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.