Lead Process Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Lead Process Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of cost effective Process Design solutions and all relevant technical expertise in the areas of Process Design and Engineering through project lifecycle phases in compliance with relevant Company and Client requirements, to company projects in the Upstream Oil and Gas Sector ranging from greenfield to brownfield modification projects. The successful candidate shall;
- Report to, and provide support to the Project Engineering Manager on assigned projects and report to the Head - Process Engineering at the basis level.
- Act as the single point of contact for the Process Discipline within the assigned project on matters related to Process Engineering and support the project team during tenders or Conceptual, FEED or Detailed Engineering phases of the project.
- Be conversant with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate and where necessary adapt Company work processes and procedures to meet project or client specific requirements on assigned projects.
- Be conversant with Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Process Discipline on assigned projects.
- Be responsible to manage the resources and progress of Process Engineering scope and internal and external deliverables as per the budget and schedule requirements of the project.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Process Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed under his/ her supervision through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her team’s scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Process Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines during the development of design on projects.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary process engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages on projects.
- Be responsible for and manage the Process Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be responsible to ensure that all risks related to the assigned responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required.
- Provide necessary technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Process Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Process Engineering on projects and be responsible for effective and timely resolution of technical issues identified as required.
- Provide technical support relating to Process Engineering at site during field installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning as required to achieve project completion.
- Support the Discipline Head and be responsible for appropriate division of work and responsibility and for mentoring, training, career development and provision of inputs to performance appraisal of direct reports on assigned projects.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and ‘Experience Transfer’.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSOs) serving in the capacity of a Lead Process Engineer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 6 years in the capacity of a Lead Process Engineer.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal and external interfaces.
- Must have had prior experience in leadership roles in Conceptual and FEED phases of greenfield upstream oil and gas projects. Experience on FPSO projects will be an added advantage.
- Possess demonstrable design experience with development, update and review of typical Process Engineering deliverables such as but not limited to Project Specifications and Philosophies, Process Design Basis, Simulations & Heat & Material Balance Tables, Process and Utility Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, SAFE Charts, Utility Summary Reports, Sizing Calculations & Analysis, Equipment and Instrument Process Specifications and Datasheets, Study and Closeout Reports etc.
- Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU Directives and other relevant standards related to Process Design and Engineering.
- Experienced in participating in and contributing to project workshops such as Design Reviews, HAZOPs & SIL reviews, ALARP Workshops etc.
- Shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be experienced in the use of the latest versions of Process Design and Simulation tools such as HYSYS®, UniSim®, Flare System Analyser®, HTRI® or similar.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Must have excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.