Lead Project Controller (2 years contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to the commercial manager.
- Contribute to the preparation of tender documents for FEED and Tenders.
- Review the estimate and prepare commercial and contractual qualifications for FEED and EPC Tenders, liaising with lead estimator and Sr. Legal counsellor.
- Liaise with the tender team to close out the commercial and contractual qualifications with Client.
- Review the tender project schedules prepared by planner.
- Provide support / guidance as needed to the project team in areas related to project control.
- Participate in risk review meetings for tenders.
When assigned to project:
- Report to the project manager.
- Lead the project control team and be responsible for the project control functions (planning, cost control and contract management).
- Establish documents in accordance with the start-up plan for the project.
- To support the project manager and other management team with details / analysis as required for efficient execution of the project.
- Identify areas for cost optimization and ensure that the project is executed within the budget and schedule.
- Review the cash flow and liaise with corporate treasury to ensure sufficient cash flow and hedging as needed.
- Responsible for project schedule and see areas of potential delay and suggest mitigation measures.
- Be responsible for internal and external reporting of project status (cost, schedule and contractual).
- Ensure that the project scope is executed in accordance with the contract requirement and change management process is complied with.
- Ensure adherence to internal procedures and guidelines.
Work experience requirements:
- +15 years of experience in Oil & Gas / FPSO projects and +10 years of experience in project control functions.
- Good understanding about Contract Management
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering
- Proficient in the use of excel and ability to adapt quickly to new IT tools
- Effective problem-solving, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and ability to prepare and present reports
- Ability to perform overtime work as required
- Ability to work effectively with people across various cultures
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a busy and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of official data and document
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 30.11.2020
Apply for the position