Lead Rotating Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Execute and co-ordinate all activities under the job holder’s responsibility
- Perform functions of a Discipline Lead Engineer, including:
- Defining project scope, schedule and resources
- Establish discipline deliverables, interface definition and coordination
- Define and perform monitoring, control and reporting of progress
- Attend meetings and provide technical support
- Lead personnel assigned to support the job holder (5 to 10 persons or more)
- Perform Package Engineering, including:
- Preparation of technical documentation (data sheets, requisitions, bid evaluation, technical reports, equipment criticality rating, etc.) towards procurement of mechanical equipment and packages from suppliers and vendors
- Review of supplier engineering documentation while interfacing with other disciplines/departments to assure engineering integration of equipment/packages overseen by Job Holder in a timely manner
- Minimize waivers, or mitigate impact from waivers on schedule and cost
- Conduct surveillance of vendor activities e.g., kick-off meetings, progress monitoring and expediting, equipment testing, etc.
- Mechanical completion: take part in site supervision of construction, installation, testing, commissioning, and handover activities
- Preparation, modification and review of documents and/or drawings as per discipline deliverable list
- Participate in studies and reviews where required as discipline lead or as mechanical package engineer e.g., HAZOP, Model Reviews
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Support the project organization in meeting project objectives (quality / costs / schedule / safety) along with other team members
- Travel overseas on short notice / perform overtime work as needed
- Carry out all tasks assigned by superior in accordance with the discipline procedures and practices
- Ensure compliance to QHSE requirements (maintain a positive and safe work environment), and support improvements in QHSE
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures, and support improvements in discipline work processes and procedures
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behaviour at all times. Unethical behaviour shall not be tolerated
- Supervise and lead less experienced engineers; identify and develop talent within the discipline, preparing them for greater responsibilities
- Continuous self-learning to increase technical competence, and experience transfer including input to lessons learnt activities, training of junior engineers and peers
- Operate with High Competency Levels e.g., communicate effectively at all levels, teamwork, critical thinking, resourcefulness.
- Provide input to performance appraisals for employees under job holder’s supervision
- Accepts all tasks of a lower level and, in concurrence with the superior, certain tasks of a higher level
Work experience requirements:
- >15years experience in Rotating Equipment/Packages in the oil, gas, or petrochemical (OGP) industry, with the bulk of that experience preferentially in the Offshore OGP sector.
- Has Package Engineering experience with “complex” packages such as medium-to-large pump packages, standard air compressor package, R.O. water makers, diesel generator package, chemical injection, pedestal cranes, etc.; Job Holder shall have experience in one or more of the following:
- Gas Turbines driven packages e.g., GT-driven Generators
- Gas Compressors – centrifugal, centrifugal multi-stage, screw, etc.
- Large capacity or very high-pressure complex pump packages
- Understands technical requirements of other disciplines/departments, and able to challenge or modify other discipline technical expectations.
- Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Design experience on Gas Turbines, compressors and/or Pumps
- Relevant experience with a company that supplies similar package equipment
- Experience working with broad range of national regulation e.g., NCS, UKCS, Australian, Brazilian.
- Highly conversant with oil & gas industry standards such as API, ISO, NORSOK, etc.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Effective organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; demonstrate effective application of existing ideas/concepts, mental models, systems, and processes, and ability to integrate them to create new ones.
“We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.”
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 6 Oct 2021
Apply for the position