Senior Piping Material Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Piping Material Engineer shall provide the relevant technical expertise in Piping Material Engineering, which shall include but not limited to – Preparation of Technical Specifications, Piping Material Classes, Valve and Special item data sheets; Material Take off, Procurement support, supplier interfaces and Site support on material compatibility, testing and commissioning requirements during construction phase on Oil and Gas projects.
The successful candidate shall
- Report to, and provide support to the Piping Lead Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Department Head at the basis level.
- Act as a single point of contact on matters related to Piping Material Engineering in all phases of the project.
- Be responsible for the cost effective solutions on specification and selection of piping components to company projects in compliance with relevant client requirements.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity for compliance to project HSE requirements relevant to the scope of work.
- Review and provide technical inputs on various Piping material related specifications and associated technical matters.
- Be responsible for all Piping material related engineering activities and deliverables to ensure that the design complies with the specification, integrity and quality requirements of the project.
- Be responsible to incorporate the specific technical requirements in the Piping material design, such as, compatibility between the dissimilar material connections and temperature requirements
- Be responsible in finalization piping systems requirements such as, PED and testing requirements of NDT, hydro and pneumatic in line with the project requirements.
- Be responsible to procurement support for the Piping components, the activities vary from finalization of MTO, evaluation of technical offers from the suppliers and ensuring the timely delivery with full project compliance.
- Be responsible for and manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance to Standards & Project Specifications
- Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Piping Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to piping materials and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
- Be responsible to align to the progress of Piping Engineering scope and internal and supplier deliverables, where applicable, as per the schedule of the project.
- Be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work for the Piping Discipline on assigned projects
- Minimum of 10 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Senior Piping Material Engineer.
- Experience on the in the NCS and UKCS sectors preferred
- Possess excellent knowledge of and must have accrued experience with International Codes and Standards.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Must have in-depth knowledge in Piping material engineering/procurement and cost-effectiveness, with a proven track record on projects in the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Possess design experience with respect to typical Piping Engineering deliverables, such as, specifications, data sheets, MTO, TQ, TBA and Supplier Drawing Reviews.
- Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines.
- Expected to have used common business software applications such MS Office and shall have experience to calculate/validate pipe thickness, Branch reinforcement etc.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Material Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Must have excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Apply for the position