Lead Static Engineer (Thermal Design)
Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Execute and co-ordinate all activities under the job holder’s responsibility
- Able to perform functions of a Discipline Lead Engineer, including:
- Defining project scope, schedule and resources
- Establish discipline deliverables, interface definition and coordination
- Define and perform monitoring, control and reporting of progress
- Attend meetings and provide technical support
- supervision of personnel assigned to support the job holder
- Perform Package Engineering, including:
- Preparation of technical documentation towards procurement of mechanical equipment and packages from suppliers and vendors
- Review of supplier engineering documentation while interfacing with other disciplines/departments to assure engineering integration of equipment/packages overseen by Job Holder in a timely manner
- Conduct surveillance of vendor activities e.g. kick-off meetings, progress monitoring and expediting, equipment testing, etc.
- Take part in site supervision of construction, installation, testing, commissioning and handover activities
- Preparation, modification and review of documents and/or drawings as per discipline deliverable list
- Participate in studies and reviews where required as discipline lead or as mechanical package engineer e.g. HAZOP, Model Reviews, etc.
- Encourage to and seek improvements to the project costs and schedule at all times
- Support the project organization in meeting project objectives along with other team members
- Carrying out all tasks assigned by superior in accordance with the discipline procedures and practices
- Ensure compliance to QHSE requirements (maintain a positive and safe work environment), and support improvements in QHSE
- Understand and comply with internal control procedures, and support improvements in discipline work processes and procedures
- Comply without fail with the company code of conduct and ensure ethical behaviour at all times. Unethical behaviour shall not be tolerated
- Supervise and lead less experienced engineers
- Continuous self-learning to increase technical competence, and experience transfer including input to lessons learnt activities, training of junior engineers and peers
- Thermal Design: maintain competence and support knowledge growth in the discipline
- Operate with High Competency Levels e.g. communicate effectively at all levels, teamwork, etc.
- Provide input to performance appraisals for employees under job holder’s supervision
- Accepts all tasks of a lower level and, in concurrence with the superior, certain tasks of a higher level
- 17 years or more experience in Static Equipment/Packages in oil, gas or petrochemical (OGP) industry
- Strong leadership skills, good communicator, dependable and resourceful
- High competency levels for collaborative work, in a manner that increases the efforts of others, in a multi-national environment
- Understands technical requirements of other disciplines/departments at equipment/package interfaces
- Familiar with the standard engineering tools used in the OGP industry
- Good working knowledge and experience on thermal design of heat exchangers using HTRI or HTFS, for Shell & Tube exchangers, air fin coolers, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Design experience on Pressure Vessels
- Prior work experience with a company that supplies static equipment or package equipment
- Prior work experience with a company that supplies similar package equipment
- Familiarity with UKCS, NCS or Brazilian regulatory standards and application
- Degree in Engineering
- Conversant with international codes and standards
- Must have experience in offshore topsides engineering in OGP industry e.g. offshore platforms, FPSO
- Experience in detailed engineering, including: preparing requisitions, specifications, data sheets and technical bid evaluations, perform vendor document review, take part in inspections and FAT, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English)
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.