Lead Structural Designer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- E3D Modelling: Modelling of structural items of topsides of offshore structures (FPSOs & fixed platforms) in E3D, as per the Structural Design Input (SDI), Standard Drawings, Project Specifications and procedures.
- Tekla Drawing Production: Import the existing E3D model in Tekla and generate structural steel arrangement and detail drawings in Tekla from the imported model and after adding welding details in Tekla.
- Drawing production using DRAW module of E3D: Extracting 2D drawings from the E3D model and further development in Draw.
- Checking & Preparation of MTO and Work packs: Checking of E3D Model, Tekla Model, Structural Drawings, Preparation of Structural Steel MTO, Preparation of Work Packs
- Be familiar with Aibel IT tools like EIS & Winfab and its association with E3D. Train the new designers in Aibel procedures for 3D modelling & Drafting and in all associated IT systems related to E3D.
- Responsible for the technical correctness, quality and progress of 3D model and structural drawings, issue of structural drawings as per plan, in the project assigned. Be a good team player and flexible to accommodate the changes in roles and responsibilities, while meeting the project needs.
- Implement all the structural details as required by the project standards while developing drawings and follow the drawing production work flow of the project.
- Plan proactively and follow-up closely for input in order to meet the drawing release schedule, co-ordinate with the drafting team and supervisor to establish uniformity in drawing presentation. Identify if there are any challenges in achieving the targets in the early stage and highlight them to the supervisor.
- Be familiar with all the project requirements for 3D modelling, drawing production, methods, work-flow and project specific guidelines is using the software tools (E3D) and implement them while executing the project. Execute modelling / drawing preparation and checking of structural drawings as per the project guidelines and check lists, following the project work flow and deliver the drawings as per project plan.
- Coordinate actively with other offices for the project executed from multiple locations, attend meetings and communicate effectively to the team and supervisor. Be available to work in other locations of Aibel for a specified duration, if there is a requirement in the project.
- Inter-Discipline coordination activities
Work experience requirements:
- Total range of 15 years to 25 years in modelling and drafting as structural designer in oil & gas projects, in an engineering organization with multi-discipline interface.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in modelling and drafting of topsides modules of offshore projects (FPSOs and Fixed platforms) using Aveva’s E3D and PDMS programs.
- A minimum experience of 2 years in Aveva’s E3D model and Draw modules, for modelling of offshore structures.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in PDMS modelling and Draft of topsides modules of offshore structures. Experience in 3D modelling of Primary, secondary and tertiary steel of topsides modules, structural detailing of topsides of FPSOs and fixed platform projects, checking of structural drawings, preparation of MTO, clash checking of 3D model and thorough understanding of the software tools like E3D / PDMS is required.
- Experience in preparation of structural drawings using Tekla (X-Steel) is preferred.
- Experience of using international standards like API, NORSOK and Eurocodes is required
- Able to worked in projects executed from multiple locations.
- Obtain a minimum of Technical certificate
- Diploma in Civil or Structural or Mechanical engineering
- Computer literacy such as MS Office, E3D, PDMS, Microstation and Autocad
- Modelling (E3D and PDMS) of offshore projects, preparation and checking of structural drawings of topsides and must be well versed in structural steel detailing.
- Attending model reviews representing structural discipline, provide input about model progress for weekly reports, development of master deliverable register for drawings
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 8 March 2021
Apply for the position