Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4,000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Are you ready to join a successful company transforming their business into the renewable market with some of the most exciting projects within oil, gas and offshore wind? Are you up for interesting assignments and a professional and personal development?
As a Legal Counsel in Aibel, you will be part of the management and administration of the legal services in the company. You will provide legal and contractual assistance to the various levels of management and divisions within the company, and ensure sufficient support in contractual and legal matters.
You have a strategic view combined with a detailed orientation, and is capable of handling pressure and tough deadlines. You thrive in an international working environment and are good at planning, defining priorities and making decisions. You have a positive mindset and are passionate about motivating and developing colleagues and effective teams.
- Legal support related to contract law (study, engineering, procurement and/or construction contracts and related legal matters), company law, compliance, employment law, mergers and acquisitions, consortiums/JV, statutory requirements in relation to countries where Aibel operates or plan to enter, etc
- Assist in tender work including drafting contracts/qualifications, participate in negotiations, and advise company on contractual risks and proposed strategies and mitigation plans
- Assist project management in project execution, claims handling and mitigation of claims by proactive advice/approach
- Engage external legal advisors when required, in coordination with General Counsel. Whenever external advisors are engaged, instruct, control and liase with external legal advisors
- Provide training in contractual and legal matters
- Handling of legal disputes, hereunder amicable settlements, negotiations and preparation and handling
of potential court cases
Education and work experience:
- A law degree from a recognized university
- Post graduation certificates relevant for the role of legal counsel
- Relevant post qualification experience to commensurate with position of minimum 3-5 years of legal
experience (external or inhouse) from law firm, legal departments or any other legal position within
relevant legal disciplines
- Ablility to operate with a high degree of precision and efficiency
The position requires strong communication skills and personal qualities that are aligned with our values; open, flexible, visionary and responsible. If you in addition are adaptable to change, you might be the candidate we are looking for. You will report to Aibel General Counsel and work out of Aibel’s Legal Department in Asker.
For questions regarding the position, please contact: General Counsel, Simen Ausland, email@example.com, tlf +47 916 49 479
Work Place: Asker
Application deadline: 30.09.2020