Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
We are now looking for Material Engineers who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. You will get opportunities to work within our oil and gas segment, where low carbon and zero emissions solutions will be in focus in the future, as well as our renewable energy sector including offshore wind and hydrogen. Aibel is also performing early phase work and exploration into the fields of synthetic fuels and carbon capture.
You will get opportunities to work in tender, concept, FEED and detail engineering, and there may also be possibilities to develop further into a Material Discipline Lead role.
- Material selection
- Corrosion calculations and evaluations Erosion evaluations
- Surface treatment Insulation
- Participate in kick off meetings and BCMs for procurement packages,
- Responsible for material follow up of suppliers with respect to e.g. welding, heat treatment, M650- qualification, surface treatment, etc. Travelling to suppliers must be expected
- Review and approve supplier fabrication procedures and reports Responsible for technical reports
- Support and Coordination towards other disciplines
- MSc in Material Technology
- Min. 3 years relevant working experience
- Ability to work independently and thoroughly as well as ability to work in team
- Good communication skills
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice, share own experiences with others and be a good colleague
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager System Engineering & Design - phone +4741905048
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 17.10.2022