Material Handling Engineer - Equipment Handling and Lifting Appliances
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for Material Handling Engineers who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Perform and plan activities related to material handling of equipment.
- Conduct lifting studies, select suitable lifting appliances, plan and describe the use of lifting equipment such as pedestal cranes, traverse cranes, winches, hoists etc.
- Evaluate accessibility and maintenance volumes.
- Perform Aveva Everything 3D (E3D) CAD modeling of volume restrictions, transport routes, laydown areas, visualize lifting of valves and mechanical equipment.
- Create and maintain documentation such as Material Handling Philosophy, Material Handling Report, Crane Lifting zones and Pull-in Areas for risers and cables.
- Actively participate/present tasks in design reviews, HAZIDs etc.
- Interfaces towards all relevant disciplines, Clients, vendors, and 3rd parties.
- Engagement in concept studies, tenders, and detail engineering.
- Master or bachelor’s degree within relevant topics. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal qualifications.
- Experience with preparation of material handling reports by use of 3D CAD modeling tool.
- Broad knowledge about government requirements, Norwegian and international standards for lifting equipment.
- Layout and design experience based on NORSOK, Equinor TRs, EN for other euro customers.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience within planning and project execution of mechanical handling operations.
- Experience from Greenfield projects.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tool.
- Experience with pedestal cranes, overhead cranes and winches is highly relevant.
- Offshore and on-site experience and/or fabrication experience would also be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English. Norwegian communication skills is an advantage.
- High loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements.
- Good team player with intercultural knowledge.
- Perform guidance both independently and in teams on material handling studies and tasks.
- Cooperative working attitude.
- Proactive, and encouraged to seek advice and share experiences.
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Gunnar Sørensen, Section Manager, Layout & Piping Section, +4799624056
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 15.10.22