Mechanical Engineer for Hydrogen Group
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for mechanical engineers to strengthen our Hydrogen team within Concept and Studies in Oslo. As a mechanical engineer, you will work to identify, select, and follow up the mechanical solutions in our designs and work in different phases including concept development, studies at different levels and support tenders, and project execution (EPC).
About the position
This is a discipline role which requires both technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset, supported by understanding of the market mechanisms and the potential commercial impacts of selected solutions. The work will be primarily within the hydrogen group, but may be within any of the Aibel business units. This includes offshore wind, onshore and offshore oil and gas, aquaculture, and potentially other new business areas. Knowing Aibel’s business is not essential, but you will be expected to acquire an understanding of our company so that you can align the opportunities with Aibel’s strengths, delivery models and strategic focus.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Establish mechanical solutions in the Hydrogen team as part of the Concepts and Studies department
- Be responsible for identification and selection of mechanical equipment
- Participate in concept developments and studies, methods and potentially tenders
- Keep updated on rules and regulations
- Maintain supplier interaction
- Procurement package responsible during project execution (EPC)
- Technical education mechanical engineering (BSc, MSc) or other relevant background
- Job leader experience and competence with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experienced with mechanical design
- Preferably experience with floating wind, oil and gas, or other renewable energies
- Have a keen interest in solving engineering tasks, challenging established solutions, and developing new designs
- Can work independently and lead discipline and interdisciplinary work
- Enjoy collaborating in groups with multidisciplinary understanding
- Value participation in creative processes
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
John Bergman , tel. 92158099, email: email@example.com
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
We process applications continuously.Apply for the position