Mechanical Package Engineer
AWith more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Package Engineer who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Package responsible engineer for mechanical equipment packages including gas compressors in feasibility study, concept study and FEED for oil & gas and offshore wind projects.
- Tender and discipline estimation work
- Mechanical equipment study work, design, selection and assessments
- Carry out work according to applicable procedures and work instructions
- Prepare and issue technical requisitions and datasheets
- Perform technical evaluation of supplier quotations
- Technical liaison with suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines
- Identify and report any extra work related to changes in the scope of work
- Provide technical input to engineering registers
- Collect and prepare input to reliability centered maintenance (RCM) analyses and design improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes and standards for supplier’s scope of work
- Prepare and issue various study reports, technical notes and technology assessments
Qualifications and personal characteristicsr:
- Minimum BSc in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Detailed knowledge of both static and rotating equipment to the offshore industry
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Multidisciplinary understanding
- Good communication skills
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advise and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Engineering for Procurement , Jørn A. Riise
Work Place: Oslo
Phone: +47 85 27 39 19Apply for the position