Piping Designer Lead - Senior Engineer
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Senior Engineer within Piping Design who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. You will work closely with Pipe Stress and Piping Support Engineers, and you will be given a chance to use your motivational and mentoring qualities. Your job will include various tasks and assignments, but a general interest in leading and employee and company growth in important to you.
As a Piping Design Lead, you will:
- Manage a team of piping designers or a multidiscipline team
- Perform general layout evaluations and piping layout activities by using Aveva E3D modelling & draft tools
- Evaluate access, working environment and material handling in physical layout and design
- Create plot plans, equipment layouts and piping drawings according to project plans and requirements
Qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- Minimum 8 years work experience, preferably EPC new build and modification on piping design
- Piping lead experience
- Broad NORSOK knowledge
- Offshore-, fabrication- and commissioning- and site support experience is an advantage
- Experience from HV/DC ocean wind platforms will be favourable
- You are proactive, advise seeking and you see the value of sharing experiences
- A team player, but possess the ability to work independently
- Systematic and accurate, with high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Efficient communicator, who communicates well in English - Both orally and in writing
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Thomas Cleveland, Section Manager Piping & Layout, +47 99487660, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 11.04.2023