Principal Designer - Piping
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Responsible as a single point of contact to lead a team of layout designers with respect to layout development with clear concepts.
- Familiar with FPSO layout design which includes Hull and Marine Piping/ Pipe support design
- Able to develop Job notes and design guides for consistency and technical clarity
- Perform 3D-modeling, as required, using E3D/PDMS and Guide the design team for an optimum layout development with respect to multi discipline aspect including Mechanical, Safety, Material Handling , Piping and Pipe supports.
- Perform Design Review on regular basis by using PDMS / 3D model software such as Navisworks for establishing the suitability of Layout / Piping design in accordance with standards and codes.
- Review clashes and resolve on regular basis and collaborate with other disciplines for an effective 3D Model
- Manage the Design changes effectively and provides appropriate solutions as and when needed during the Project execution.
- Manage the interfaces for both inhouse, Supplier and external/Client for the assigned Module/Area
- Review the Vendor drawings for the static Equipment’s/ Rotating Equipment’s/ Packages and ensure the Nozzle orientations, Vessel cleats Support requirements are in line with Design Requirements
- Review and check Plot plan, Equipment plan, Isometrics and pipe supports drawings systematically
- Arrange and update maturity status of Piping and Pipe supports in E3D based on the project/company established norms
- Assist Lead Engineer in preparing plan & schedule, estimate, progress measurement, contribute for the technical presentations and write ups
- Provide progress status on regular basis and highlight any issues and/or concern to the Piping Lead
- Collaborate well within team and communicate effectively with stress engineers, Pipe support Engineers/Designers and Piping material engineers
- Provide continuous improvement in work method, system, process for effectiveness and efficiency
Work experience requirements:
- A minimum of 20 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Lead Designer. FPSO experience in Pre-FEED/ Conceptual and FEED preferred.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized green field projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout for Optimum design and cost-effectiveness.
- Must have hands-on experience in understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other relevant standards and guidelines for layout design.
- A minimum a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or ITE in Mechanical Engineering or ITI/NTC in Mechanical drafting
- A excellent technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies.
- A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Shall have advanced computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as E3D, PDMS, MDS, Navisworks, Autocad and MS Office
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 17 Oct 2021
Apply for the position