Principal Engineer - Automation
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
Automation & Cyber department in Oslo is looking to strengthen the team with a new Principal Engineer. You will contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition. Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), electrification projects and hydrogen facilities.
About the position
Aibel's Automation engineers design and specify automation systems solutions and strategies for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phases. You will develop automation philosophies & solutions to the required level, as well as developing strategies, philosophies and design solutions for remote operation, remote diagnostics, cyber-security and ICT.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Define, specify and design automation and SAS systems for study phase
- Development of topologies, I/O budget and systems descriptions
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for automation discipline
- Participate in improving working methods through digital tools
- Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- BSc og MSc within engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from automation engineering in green field projects on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from automation and SAS system, design activities and reviews
- Experience from automation system design in FEED or study phase projects
- Experience and deep knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards, as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNVGL and IEC
- You have proficient English communication abilities, and it’s advantageous to have knowledge of Norwegian
- Possess a strong willingness to learn
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for a multicultural working environment
- You're systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustainable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager – Mette Arentz Østmo, firstname.lastname@example.org or +4793497243
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 25.03.2024