Principal Engineer Automation
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Principal Automation Engineer, who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Principal Automation Engineer working in engineering projects study, FEED and detail phase. For manned and unmanned operated offshore wind High-Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC) and Oil and Gas topsides
- Automation design for Study, FEED or detail phase unmanned topside projects
- Define, specify and design automation and SAS systems
- Develop automation philosophies & solutions to the required level
- Development of topologies, IO budget and systems descriptions
- Develop strategy, philosophy and design solutions for remote operation, remote diagnostics, cyber-security, ICT (information communication technology) and network design,
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for automation discipline
- Input to study and FEED report
- Perform and complete engineering documents and data registers
- Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from automation engineering in green field oil&gas or wind projects
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience from automation and SAS system, design activities and reviews
- Experience from automation system design in FEED or study phase projects
- Experience and deep knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNVGL and IEC
- Newly qualified engineers will also be considered
- We are looking for a person with the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to future technology and solutions
- Have good communication skills
- Have a cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- nnovative approach and a network builder
- Fluent Norwegian and English skills - both orally and in writing
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager, Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom - Geir Tandstad
Mobil Phone: +47 48 89 14 19
Application deadline: 23.05.2021
Start up: After agreement
Work place: Oslo, Asker