Principal Engineer Automation
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle.
We are now looking for Principal Automation Engineers who can design and specify automation systems solutions and strategy for engineering projects in concept and study phases who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
Our portfolio covers manned and unmanned operated Oil and Gas topsides, High Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC), Electrification projects, offshore wind parks and hydrogen facilities.
- Automation design for Study projects for Oil&Gas, Offshore wind or other alternative energy development projects.
- Automation Lead role in studies
- Define, specify and design automation and SAS systems for study phase
- Develop automation philosophies & solutions to the required level
- Development of topologies, I/O budget and systems descriptions
- Develop strategy, philosophy and design solutions for remote operation, remote diagnostics, cyber security, ICT (information communication technology) to the required level
- Participate and arrange meetings, workshops and reviews for automation discipline
- Participate in improving working methods through digital tools Interface to other disciplines, contractors and client
- Bachelor's degree
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from automation engineering in green field Oil&Gas or wind projects
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience from automation and SAS system, design activities and reviews
- Experience from automation system design in FEED or study phase projects
- Experience and deep knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, ISO, DNVGL and IEC
Qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of the Norwegian language is an advantage.
- Cooperative work attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Innovative approach, eager to improve methodology and solutions through digital tools
Become our colleague:
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.
Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Geir Tandstad, Section Manager, Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom, +4748891419
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 04.12.22