Principal Engineer-Electrical Systems
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Principal Engineer-Electrical Systems who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Design and specify electrical systems, solutions and electric power strategy for engineering projects in concept, study and detail phase
- Electrical strategy for unmanned operated Oil and Gas topside, High-Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC) and offshore wind parks
- Development and design of local & remote operated installations for Oil and gas and offshore wind platforms
- Develop electrical philosophies, topologies, single line diagrams, PMS/PDCS design and system descriptions to the required level according to client requirement
- System Design and follow up of high and low voltage systems
- Perform and follow-up electrical system calculation, analyses and assessments
- Interface towards other disciplines, suppliers and client
- Input to study report for electrical • Participate and contribute to digitalization processes to help secure improvements in overall solutions
- Seek cost-effective solutions adopted to the relevant application
- Bachelor degree or Master in electrical power engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical engineering for greenfield offshore Oil&Gas or wind projects
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience from electrical high voltage design activities and responsibilities
- Experience with voltage levels exceeding 100 kV will be considered beneficial for the position
- Experience within electrical system design and electrical distribution design
- Experience with normally unmanned installations is an advantage
- Deep knowledge of electrical design according to relevant national and international rules, regulations and different standards such as NORSOK, IEC, ATEX, ISO, PTIL and DNVGL
- We are looking for a person with the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to future technology and solutions
- Have good communication skills
- Have a cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment • Ability to work independently as well as in team • Be systematic and accurate • Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others • Innovative approach and a network builder
- Fluent Norwegian and English skills - both orally and in writing
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Geir Tandstad, Section Manager, Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecom
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 23.05.2021