Principal Engineer - External Environment
With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?
We are now looking for a Principal Engineer within external enviroment (technical safety) who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- SBAT assessment and facilitation of workshop
- Establish environmental budget
- Environmental assessment:
- Energy demand
- Energy utilisation (efficiency)
- Air emissions (CO2, NOx, CH4 and nmVOC)
- Discharge to sea
- Chemical usage and discharge
- Handle several ongoin projects across locations
- Contribute with other technical safety tasks when necessary
- Masters degree in Environmental Engineering or other similar education
- Min. 8 years’ experience from modification projects in the oil and gas industry
- Experience with major modifications and feed
- Experience with setting up environmental budget for major modifications
- Have good communication skills in English and Norwegian(preferably) both orally and in writing
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Contribute to on the job training for oneself and others. Seek relevant information from others to complete own tasks
Become our colleague:
As an employee in Aibel, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations.
We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life. In addition, the welfare clubs in Aibel offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
In Aibel, we have a set of values based on us being responsible, visionary, open and flexible. We call it "we care". The values create our culture and set the standard for how we work to achieve our common goals. Aibel's employees appreciate these values, and we all have a common attitude where we care about each other, the customers, the suppliers, and the community around us.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply with us, regardless of age, gender, functional capacity or ethnic background.
Because we consider our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, our commitment to sustainable development is not described in a plan, but included as a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes. In Aibel, we are committed to balancing the company's financial sustainability with the social and environmental responsibilities we have.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Ivar Nygård, tel: 8527 2019, email: email@example.com
Work Place: Stavanger, Haugesund or Bergen
Application deadline: 30.06.2021, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis
Apply for the position