Lead Safety Engineer
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Process/Safety Engineers on assigned projects and report to the Head - Process Engineering at the basis level.
- Be conversant with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate and where necessary adapt Company work processes and procedures to meet project or client specific requirements on assigned projects.
- Be responsible for the integrity of all Engineering deliverables for work performed under his/ her supervision through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific requirements relevant to his/ her team’s scope of work.
- When required, provide drafting support relating to Process/ Technical Safety Engineering at site during field installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases to achieve project completion.
- Ensure that the drawing checking activities are carried out with the right quality, within the man hours allocated and in accordance with the project schedule.
- Liaise with Drafting Application Administrator for Application Setup, database customization and update to suit project specific requirements
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and ‘Experience Transfer’.
Work Experience Requirements
- Applicant must have a minimum of 12 years of drafting experience having worked in an engineering setup for oil & gas projects serving in the capacity of a Senior Designer, having accrued thereof a minimum experience of 5 years in the capacity of a Senior Designer.
- Applicant shall possess demonstrable drafting experience with development, update and checking of typical Process/ Safety Engineering Drawings such as, but not limited to:
- Process and Utility Flow Diagrams;
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams;
- Safety, Fire Fighting Equipment layouts;
- Fire & Gas Detection layouts;
- Hazardous Area Classification layouts etc.
- Applicant must be proficient in the use of applications such as AUTOCAD, MICROSTATION, Smartplant P&ID, AVEVA Diagrams, Extract draft from PDMS/E3D etc.
- Applicant shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such as MS Office.
- Applicant must have a Diploma in Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Applicant shall possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.