Project HSSE Manager
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Project Director /Engineering Manager in the delivery of the project and report to the Location QHSSE Manager at the basis level
- Oversee the HSSE program throughout the execution phase. This role will be required to provide the PMT team with the required support to ensure the activities are executed in accordance with the CLIENT PROJECT HSSE requirements.
- Responsible for the overall HSSE activities including interface coordination. Organise and co-ordinate with PMT to meet Company’s expectations and fulfillment of all contractual deliverables
- Ensure that the project work in compliance with Company's management system and with relevant applicable Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Support Project Director in providing strong, visible and positive HSSE leadership and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice and values, as well as the development and roll-out of HSSE objectives and other initiatives
- Ensure that all HSSE documentation is kept up-to-date and ensure policies and practices are both applied and effective, by means of a structured and risk-based assurance process.
- Promote a mature, interdependent HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engagement with all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure responsibilities as described in ‘HSE my responsibility’ are known to the personnel under supervision
- Ensure HSSE legislation is complied with at all times, and report any breaches
- Establishing and implementing the HSSE Plan according to requirements
- Ensures all contractual occupational health, safety, security and environment requirements are attended to and become a natural part of the daily work.
- Ensuring that HSSE activities are carried out according to plan, budget and agreed scope of work or raise change flags for further handling by change management. Identifying and implementing recovery measures, if required.
- Plan, define clear priorities and allocate resources efficiently
- Liaise with PMT for effective qualification and monitoring of subcontractors, including the implementation of subcontractors HSSE Management system and control of subcontractors activities
- Ensure HSSE deliverables are developed and delivered on time as required for both proposal and project award
- Review of documents to ensure HSSE requirements have been adequately addressed.Prepare and follow up Performance Indicators within HSSE.
- Lead, provide functional management to, and pro-actively support all staff to achieve project deliverables.
- Ensure timely reporting of HSSE concerns and / or potential issues to the Project Director
- Attend clients meeting and be the focal point for any HSSE related matters.
- Leading and developing HSSE initiatives based on previous experience.
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced.
- Perform HSSE inspections / audits to ensure compliance with standards
- Establish and follow up performance targets in the areas of HSSE.
- Coordination with the construction yard to meet Project HSSE Objectives
- Follow up that relevant HSSE reports are submitted in a timely manner Ensure HSSE Reporting / Incidents are recorded and tracked through to closure and that root course analysis are done per requirements in Company management system
- Take immediate action in regards to notification and investigation should serious incidents occur
- Follow up, analyse and assist the line organisation in taking proper actions after serious HSSE incidents
- Evaluate potential HSSE risks, both technical and environmental, that may occur in the project.
- Provide support to PMT in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues
- Develop proper training in critical areas including HSSE awareness and firefighting drill
- Minimum of 20 years overall experience with at least 10 years in upstream EPC oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) with significant experience working as a Project HSSE Manager
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in Brazilian projects is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 International Standards
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Honest and ethical when dealing with others.
- Must have strong management leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Suitable professional Health and Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH, BSC (preferred)
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO9001) from a recognized industry body, with a minimum 5 years, recent auditing experience of oil and gas Vendors.
- Knowledge of the key Safety Risks and Health related aspects associated with different phases of epC development including operational and workplace risk management systems and processes
- Experience of working with external clients and understand their requirements
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Apply for the position