Project HSSE Manager
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Plan, define clear priorities and allocate resources efficiently
- Liaise with PMT for effective qualification and monitoring of subcontractors, including the implementation of subcontractors HSSE
- Management system and control of subcontractors activities
- Ensure HSSE deliverables are developed and delivered on time as required for both proposal and project award
- Review of documents to ensure HSSE requirements have been adequately addressed. Prepare and follow up
- Performance Indicators within HSSE.
- Lead, provide functional management to, and pro-actively support all staff to achieve project deliverables.
- Ensure timely reporting of HSSE concerns and / or potential issues to the Project Director
- Attend clients meeting and be the focal point for any HSSE related matters.
- Leading and developing HSSE initiatives based on previous experience.
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced.
- Perform HSSE inspections / audits to ensure compliance with standards
- Establish and follow up performance targets in the areas of HSSE.
- Coordination with the construction yard to meet Project HSSE Objectives
- Follow up that relevant HSSE reports are submitted in a timely manner Ensure HSSE Reporting / Incidents are recorded and tracked through to closure and that root course analysis are done per requirements in W3
- Take immediate action in regards to notification and investigation should serious incidents occur
- Follow up, analyse and assist the line organisation in taking proper actions after serious HSSE incidents
- Evaluate potential HSSE risks, both technical and environmental that may occur in the and environmental, that may occur in the project.
- Provide support to PMT in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues
- Develop proper training in critical areas including HSSE awareness and firefighting drill
- Provide regular updates to Base QHSSE Manager
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 20 years overall experience with at least 10 years in upstream EPC oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) with significant experience working as a Project HSSE Manager
- Knowledge of the key Safety Risks and Health related aspects associated with different phases of epC development including operational and workplace risk management systems and processes
- Experience of working with external clients and understand their requirements
- Suitable professional Health and Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH, BSC (preferred)
- Lead Auditor Qualification from a recognized industry body, with a minimum 5 years, recent auditing experience of oil and gas Vendors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in Brazilian projects is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 International Standards
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Honest and ethical when dealing with others.
- The candidate must have strong management leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of energy and ability to work under pressure and complexity
- Genuine interest and appreciation of people
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to travel overseas on short notice if required or perform overtime work as needed
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 4 August 2022
Apply for the position