Project IT Lead
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Provide support for new startup projects such as pre-tenders for existing and new clients. - Identify client requirements and expectations towards IT services needed to fulfill project’s contract requirements
- Define and anchor the project specific IT Strategy towards Project Management, Aibel client and Aibel IT
- Define service level requirements for efficient provision of IT Services from Aibel IT to project
- Undertake a holistic approach to IT service requirements based on project’s execution strategy (client requirements, definition of interfaces towards partners, sub-contractors and other stakeholders)
- Define a strategy to improve communication and collaboration based on MS Office 365
- Manage delivery of complex software interfaces for the projects. Coordinate the information flow between the IT-Systems.
- Communicate and anchor business opportunities
- Manage, coordinate and complete IT deliveries in line with contract requirements
- Planning, prioritize, follow-up activities, and reporting of status on IT Service deliveries
- Secure acceptance and approval of IT services delivered to project
- Identify competence/capacity needs with adequate qualifications within his/her areas of responsibility. - Provide support in training and documentations
- Proactively search for opportunities for business improvements
- Provide team with a clear sense of direction, inspire and co-ordinate people
- Give active support to the project team to ensure accurate and up to date plans and status
- Manage risks according to Aibel Risk Management method and procedures
- Budgeting of project specific IT cost, cost follow-up and reporting
- Communication of Aibel IT strategies, policies and standards
- Manage changes to IT services, systems, interfaces
- Provide IT advisory towards project stakeholders
- Raise hardware, software access control for the business project. Assist in system testing.
- Communicate potential scheduling issues to project management to ensure needed adjustments, mitigations and improved performance
- Actively contribute to professional networks to ensure improved competence, transfer of experience, best practice and focus on continuous improvements and be compliant to Aibel work processes
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in project management roles preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with contract (sourcing) and vendor management.
- Shows initiative and have leadership.
- Ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- A good team player as well as able to work independently
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Good personal integrity
- Degree/Master in Project Management/Engineering/Design/Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Business Degree
- Working knowledge in SAP, Safran, Proarc, Aveva Engineering, Microsoft 365, preferred.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Effective project management, problem-solving/trouble-shooting, leadership, communication, people skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of official data and documents is critical.
- Ability to prepare/write project reports for submission to client.
- Ability to travel on short notice / work with minimal supervision /perform overtime work as required.
- Ability to work effectively with people across cultures in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective in verbal and written English
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.