Project Quality & Risk Manager
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Project Director /Engineering Manager in the delivery of the project and report to the Location QHSSE Manager at the basis level
- Oversee the Risk management and QA/QC assurance program throughout the execution phase. This role will be required to provide the PMT team with the required support to ensure the activities are executed in accordance with the CLIENT PROJECT quality requirements.
- Support Project Director in providing strong, visible and positive Quality Assurance leadership and promote the adoption of QA best practice and values, as well as the development and roll-out of HSSE objectives and other initiatives
- Promote a mature, interdependent Quality culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engagement with all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Responsible for the overall QA/QC activities including interface coordination. Organise and co-ordinate with PMT to meet Company’s expectations and fulfillment of all contractual deliverables
- Ensure that the project work in compliance with Company management system
- Establishing and implementing the Project Quality Management Plan and Project Risk Management Plan inline to ISO 21500
- Implementation of the CLIENT quality requirements and required quality resources for all parts for the Project
- Ensuring that QAQC activities are carried out according to plan, budget and agreed scope of work or raise change flags for further handling by change management. Identifying and implementing recovery measures, if required.
- Ensure the quality organization is staffed with competent resources for all agreed locations.
- Ensure quality deliverables are developed and delivered on time as required for both proposal and project award (e.g. PQPs, ITPs, KPIs etc.)
- Coordination with the construction yard to meet Project QRM Objectives
- Prepare and monitor 3rd inspection service provider budget, and any associated budget reviews in consultation with the Project Director (budget owner).
- Review of documents to ensure project quality requirements have been adequately addressed.
- Liaise with PMT for effective qualification and monitoring of subcontractors, including the implementation of subcontractors Quality Management system and control of subcontractors activities
- Plan and perform internal and external quality verification checks, including vendor inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) in accordance with approved Project ITP intervention points
- Preparing, implementing and maintaining the Project Quality Plan, Audit and Verification Plan
- Support the organization in identifying and prepare project specific guidelines , work instructions and checklists where required and implement in Company management system
- Ensure timely reporting of quality concerns and / or potential issues to the Project Director
- Attend clients meeting and be the focal point for any QA/ QC related matters.
- Ensure quality lessons learned are planned, executed and documented for future use
- Ensure Non-Conformances /Quality deviations are recorded and tracked through to closure and that root course analysis are done per requirements in the Company management system
- Assist Project Director in Project Close out
Key Risk Management Responsibilities
- Establishment of an effective integrated risk-based assessment program.
- Ensure the risk/opportunity management procedure as described in Company's management system and Company’s Risk Management guidelines is implemented and followed in the project.
- Conducting project risk/opportunity management workshops to identify project management issues,
- Previous QRM experience required
- Experience working with on-site teams preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to oil & gas industry.
- Good personal computing skills on Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics packages.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Honest and ethical when dealing with others.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Must have good Interpersonal Communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or related oil and gas fields.
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO9001) from a recognized industry body, with a minimum 5 years, recent auditing experience of oil and gas Vendors.
- Minimum of 15 years overall experience with at least 10 years in upstream EPC oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) with significant experience working as a Project QAQC Manager
- Previous experience in Brazilian projects is highly desirable.
- Holds CSWIP Level III Welding Inspector (3.2) certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge in NDT techniques is preferred
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.