Senior Automation and Control Engineer
Apply for the position
|Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Position Overview: The Senior Automation/control System Engineer shall be responsible for Automation systems engineering on the poject and assist the lead engineer and/or package responsible engineer to deliver in compliance with relevant Company and Client requirements on the assigned projects.
The successful candidate shall;
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Instrumentation Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head - Instrumentation Engineering at the basis level.
- Be familiar with and implement Company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Be aware of Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for Management of change within the scope of work on assigned areas.
- Be responsible for preparation of automation system engineering deliverables as per the schedule requirements of the project. These include but not limited to
- ICSS Specifications
- Control System Architecture drawings
- Functional Safety Management philosophy
- Control Philosophies & Narratives
- Shutdown Hierarchy
- Cause & Effect Matrix
- System Control Diagrams
- Safety Requirement Specifications
- Evaluate and prepare technical bid evaluation/recommendation for Automation packages
- Review and approve Automation System vendor deliverables
- Review and approve Automation System related deliverables from Mechanical/Electrical Package vendors, participate in Mechanical package vendor evaluations from the control system perspective
- Proactively manage the automaton system interfaces with other packages, disciplines and sub-vendors or design contractors
- Actively participate in Hazop, SIL Classifications studies, Alarm Management Workshops.
- Review SIL reports, SIL calculations and other study reporrtss
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ package responsible Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Instrumentation Engineering design activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer.
What we offer:
- Degree in Instrumentation Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs).
- Must have prior experience in handling automation packages and related deliverables for offshore oil & gas projects.
- Possess relevant design experience with development of Automation system deliverables and managing the vendors
- Possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal & external interfaces.
- Possess a good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU DirectivesATEx, IECex requirements.
- Possess a good understanding and knowledge of automation systems engineering standards such as IEC 61508, 61511, 62682,62443 etc
- Experience in attending Workshops such as SIL, CHAZOP and Alarm Management and reviewing their reports
- Hands on experience in AVEVA engineering and AVEVA Instrumentation would be an advantage.
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
|We regret that only
shortlisted candidates will be notified