Senior Contract Specialist (2 Years Contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Prepare, draft and negotiate contractual terms and amendments with internal and external parties for successful contract management.
- Analyze contract terms and identify potential risks and opportunities in implementing the contract terms.
- Administer the contract during project execution to ensure that terms and conditions agreed in contract are honoured and company’s contractual objectives are protected.
- Review and negotiate the terms and conditions for suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop detailed estimate for the changes to the scope, review with commercial manager & project manager and issue for client approval.
- Evaluate variation requests from suppliers and subcontractors, develop strategies and compelling arguments to mitigate potential cost and schedule impact.
- Advise project manager and commercial manager of execution methods that deviates from contractual requirements.
- Conduct contractual awareness training to the project team and ensure that contractual information used by the project team is accurate.
- Ensure that all contractual documents and correspondences are filed in a safe and neat manner.
- Liaise with legal and compliance departments in respective matters to ensure that project operates within legal parameters and under corporate guidelines.
- More than 15 years experience in contract administration of oil and gas projects.
- Experience in contract management of projects with value more than SGD50 Million.
- Thorough knowledge of contract law, estimation and accounting principles.
- Ability to draft contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possesses strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Degree in Contract Law / Quantity survey / Contract Management / Engineering
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, power-point)
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.