Senior Cost Controller (2 years contract)
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Support project with respect to the normal cost control activities.
- Support Estimator with information for tendering/estimating.
- Attend pre/post bid meetings.
- Create WBS / CBS for Projects and Tenders and distribute to team for time writing.
- Mobilize/demobilize personnel in SAP for Projects and Tenders.
- Generate Timesheets and distribute them to the leads/managers and Clients.
- Liaise with Engineering and SCM for preparing the Cost Estimate.
- Trend the cost against the budget.
- Liaise with Change Coordinator, Contract Specialist, Engineering and SCM for project scope changes.
- Review and advise the Project Manager on the cost impact for changes to project specification.
- Prepare Cost Estimates for Project Variations, review with Commercial Manager and Project Manager for presenting to the Client.
- Verify vendor invoices.
- Prepare and Issue monthly cost reports and invoices to the Client.
- Prepare internal cost reports and present to the management.
- Prepare VOWD (Value of work done) for projects.
- Prepare manpower plan and cash flow curves.
- Find opportunities for optimization to reduce cost and maximize project profit.
- Ensure that group policies and procedures adhered to, and tenders submitted in compliance with client requirements.
- Prepare cost analysis as required for management review and decision-making.
Work experience requirements:
- 5 + years of relevant project cost control / estimation experience
- Preferable to have experience in FPSO / Oil and Gas Projects
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering / Accounting
- Proficient in the use of excel and ability to adapt quickly to new IT tools
- Effective problem-solving, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and ability to prepare and present reports
- Ability to travel at short notice / perform overtime work as required
- Ability to work effectively with people across various cultures
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a busy and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of official data and documents
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 25 June 2021
Apply for the position