Senior Electrical Engineer
Apply for the position
|Aibel is a leading service company within the upstream oil & gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our clients with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the entire life cycle.
Aibel's skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company's eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Participate in meetings, provide inputs to progress reports and project schedules
- Technical and status reporting of the deliverables within area of responsibility.
- Define and communicate need for IS/ IT systems and support
- Conceptual studies, basic design (FEED) including power system studies in ETAP / other software
- Detailed engineering
- Site visit check lists, site visits, site visit reports
- Preparation of Specifications
- Technical bid evaluation, provide inputs to purchase orders
- Vendor data review and incorporation
- Equipment inspection, witness FATs at vendor factory where required
- Prepare as-built drawings and documents
- Participate in Project Integrated Design Reviews
- Participate in 3D model reviews
- Prepare and provide inputs to Mechanical Completion dossiers
- Site supervision of construction, installation, testing, commissioning and hand over
- Identify external interface requirements
- Quality of the discipline work
- Seek improvements to the project’s cost and schedule
- Prepare man-hour estimates and control/monitor manhour budgets within area of responsibility
- Provide inputs to discipline document list for the discipline deliverables
- Perform DIC/IDC activities within own discipline and IDC check other discipline documents
- Project discipline engineering activities and ensure that it is carried out in accordance with pertinent specifications, statutory and other contractual requirements, with due regard to safety, operability, maintainability and constructability aspects
- Lead and mentor junior staff to fulfil discipline skill for the project requirements
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Lead Engineer or Supervisor
- Degree in engineering with minimum 10 years experience or Masters in engineering with minimum 8 years experience
- Experience in FEED and detailed design of low voltage and high voltage power systems for offshore platforms, FPSO, onshore, oil and gas and/or petrochemical projects
- Experience in electrical equipment selection, planning and installation in hazardous area, complying with ATEX directive / IEC Ex requirement.
- Knowledge of UK/North Sea regulations and UKCS rules.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
|We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified